Sunday, March 16, 2014

the IKEA hack continues...

As I mentioned in my last post about my couch I love mid-century furniture but my budget does not allow me to buy a new couch in that style.  The ones I have seen are somewhere in the 1799$ and up range.  Enter the IKEA hack! I purchased this inexpensive couch from IKEA in January and so far it's working out great.  Of course it's not as comfortable as my previously overstuffed-styled couch, but I love this one much more! Especially now that I swapped out the chunky, light coloured legs for sleeker mid-century ones that I had custom made from a wood-worker in the United States.  It's a small change, but I think it made such a huge difference in the look of the couch.  Next up is tufting the back cushions, unfortunately I am having a hard time getting my hands on some pillow covers in the same material to cover buttons.  Soon, I hope! 

Couch: Ikea Karlstad Pillows: Walmart Legs: Uncle Bobs Workshop

xo,

melissa

No comments: